CARDS: FLOAT Cards for Writers
When you feel at a loss for words – or motivation – in your writing project, draw on your own inner resources, and the wisdom of many who’ve come before.
Draw a card, consider its meaning, and re-balance.
Any time you just need a boost, let FLOAT Cards for Writers provide thought-provoking, bite-sized sources of inspiration and intervention to get the creative juices flowing again.
In this accessible card deck with accompanying online guide, A M Carley, author of FLOAT • Becoming Unstuck for Writers, collects 52 ways you can revitalize your creative practice.
Pick a card! You’ll pick up your writing again with ease.
BOOK: FLOAT • Becoming Unstuck for Writers
Chenille Books founder A M Carley wrote a book rooted in what she’s learned as a creative coach for writers, and as a writer herself.
Called FLOAT • Becoming Unstuck for Writers, it’s available as a paperback and in ebook formats for Kindle, iPad, and other devices.
We think it’s a useful reference and source of day-to-day inspiration for writers of all stripes. Okay, we’re partial. Two reviewers said:
If you are a writer who has ever felt stalled in your project, this book is for you.
A must have for authors of all varieties. Actually for all artists, as well. Practical yet fun with real world steps to figuring out the next step in your project.
COURSES & TRAININGS
Shortly after FLOAT was published, we began to offer courses and trainings based on the ideas in the book.
• Going Public: Creating and Curating Your Author Persona
Stay tuned for up-to-date reports from independent authors on how they create and curate their Writer Persona. We’ll be posting a series of interviews with authors in a variety of genres, and at different stages in their careers. Learn from the experts! (For a preview, check out Anne Carley’s guest post on the topic at Jane Friedman’s blog.)
• 30 Days to Becoming Unstuck
Read about our guided self-study email course, 30 Days to Becoming Unstuck. We’re taking the great feedback we received from students the first two times we offered this, and are polishing the course up. It may be offered again in 2018. Get on our mailing list to be notified with details when they are available.
Comments from students include:
- I loved the book and the e-mail course. Your book is front and center on my desk as one of my reference books. I’m so glad you wrote it.
- Thanks to your course I have uncovered a big piece about my hesitancy to write….I never would’ve been doing this if I hadn’t been for you. I am so grateful.
- I love what you’re offering to us! And it has been pivotal to my stepping back and reflecting on what is and is not working for me in my life. THANK YOU!
- This has helped me with things I didn’t even realize were impeding my progress. So the benefits of this course are beyond what I could have imagined.
- I love the fact that this is an email course, vs. a webinar, or online class or any other format. It is perfect for me, because I can refer back to the lessons. They are brief but impactful. The timing (every other day, 3 times a week) is great. It allowed me to be able to catch up, if I missed one or two. It’s not at all overwhelming, but still a challenge!
- I am finding your book to be a real treasure, in some extremely unexpected ways.